MCIS Internship Program
MCIS welcomes motivated, open-minded and self-directed individuals to apply for internship assignments requiring further research and assistance. The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate and post-graduate candidates which offer widely-varied research assignments under the direct supervision of experienced MCIS staff.
Internship assignments vary in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of MCIS.
The research outputs will be published at the sole discretion of MCIS at the end of the Internship Program on MCIS websites. MCIS recognizes to the intern authorship credit in the form of a standard byline or other attribution of authorship in any such publication.
Interns are selected on a competitive basis. The following minimum qualifications are required:
- You need to have a graduate or post-graduate degree in a field related to MCIS’s studies. At this time we do not accept undergraduates.
- You should be fluent in English. Fluency in other languages is an asset.
- Your academic performance should be excellent, as demonstrated by university or institution records.
- Your application for an internship should be supported by your university or institution. A minimum requirement is a letter from one of your professors or supervisors supporting your application.
- You must have a demonstrated interest in the field of intelligence and security studies.
- You must be able to adapt and work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Additional consideration will be given for any past research experiences.
The MCIS Internship Program doesn’t envisage any form of payment or reimbursement for the services provided.
Further Career Opportunities
The purpose of internships is not to lead to further employment with MCIS but to complement an intern's studies.
How to apply
Applicants interested in the MCIS Internship Program should forward their inquiries and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the MCIS application form for internships (PDF).